Welcome to the annual York University Faculty of Education Summer Institute (FESI) 2018 in partnership with the Réseau de Savoir sur l’Équité/Equity Knowledge Network (RSEKN), hosted by the University of Ottawa’s Faculty of Education and the Centre for Research on Educational and Community Services (CRECS).
FESI 2018 will explore the political and pedagogical challenges and possibilities of identity-based data collection, integration and reporting. This addresses one of the four priorities articulated in Ontario’s Education Equity Action Plan, which will explore the role of identity-based data in uncovering systemic barriers. In particular, we will explore the relationships between these data and student access, engagement, achievement and well-being, both historically and presently.
Guiding Question for Day 1: What are the present and historical challenges, opportunities, tensions and paradoxes of collecting, integrating and reporting on identity-based data?
Guiding Question for Day 2: How has identity-based data been mobilized to support student access, engagement, achievement and well-being?
Thanks to the following supporters:
- Dufferin-Peel Catholic District School Board
- Durham District School Board
- Halton District School Board
- Kawartha Pine Ridge District School Board
- Ontario Ministry of Education
- Peel District School Board
- Toronto District School Board
- Toronto Catholic District School Board
- York Region District School Board
- York University